AeroCloud creates modular and scalable intelligent airport management software built on leading-edge technology. Our cloud-native platform uses predictive artificial intelligence and machine learning. Together with our common-use passenger processing and self-service solutions, we deliver an innovative answer to the complex operational challenges experienced by airports across the globe.
AeroCloud’s Intelligent Airport Management System (iAMS) and Flight Management System reduce manual inputs and centralise data, making it available to all members of airport stakeholder groups. Inspection, Lease and Asset Management systems support on-site logistical planning. In addition, Common-Use Passenger Processing and Self-Service solutions and our Mobile Bag Drop app help airports efficiently manage the ups and downs in daily passenger numbers.
Our platform is 100% cloud-native, and users can access it anywhere, anytime, and on any device. We configure all modules within the Cloud and deliver remote updates quickly and easily; users can access AeroCloud’s software via a web interface, removing the need to access a local network. Airports can depend on our cloud-hosted platform’s security, fast processing speeds and scalability.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Engineering / Development team who will report directly to the Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead. This role will not have any direct reports and will be based in the Macclesfield office with a hybrid working model.
Summary of Role
Working as part of the Development team, this role will be primarily focused on writing high quality code to build our products and features.
Ownership and Impact
- Successful development of new and existing services using Node.js and Express
- Knowledge of best practices for software testing, particularly with automation
- Experience with building front-ends using React
- Experience of working with datastores, particularly NoSQL services such as MongoDB
- Experience of supporting and working with live services to ensure good service levels are maintained
- Familiarity with working within an Agile development team across the full software development lifecycle
- Good communication skills, with an ability to work with all project stakeholders to ensure quality is maintained and deliverables are well specified
The duties and responsibilities of the role may vary and change depending on the AeroCloud business needs.
What are we looking for?
AeroCloud recognises Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion at the heart of our business. They represent the mutual trust, respect and understanding we strive for. They are integral to our brand, reputation, success, business sustainability and employee relations impact. Our vision is to have a diverse, equal and inclusive organisational culture. We want everyone who comes into contact with us, both face to face and virtually, to feel valued and respected. We want our workplace both in the office and at home to foster belonging to all colleagues to feel seen, connected, supported and proud. We will draw on the rich diversity of our workforce and harness the diverse contributions and considerable talents of our staff to achieve our vision in line with our organisational values and DE&I principles.
AeroCloud is an equal opportunities employer so if you have any specific work or access requirements as a result of a condition or disability then AeroCloud would be committed to working with you on the best way to support this at work.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days annual leave + statutory holidays
- Take your birthday off work on us as well
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Extensive upskilling and training
- Company pension scheme
- Access to employee perks and discounts