Account Executive (Mid-Market/Senior)
About Meaningful Gigs:
Meaningful Gigs is simply the best creative freelancer hiring experience out there. At 3x the speed of LinkedIn Recruiter, it's easy to find vetted creatives quickly and efficiently. We prioritize quality and efficiency and work with iconic brands like Google, Meta, Starbucks, and IDEO.
Our mission is to connect the world to untapped talent and create 100,000 skilled jobs for Africans, redesigning the future of creative work.
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Account Executive with a strong focus on sales enablement strategies. As an AE, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth through the acquisition and management of high-value clients. The ideal candidate will be metrics driven, customer-obsessed, a strong communicator, quick-learner and thrive in fast-paced startup life. You will work closely with our VP of Sales and a motivated, supportive team of 8. You will develop and execute a strategic account plans that aligns with our business objectives and meets the needs of our clients.
- Own the B2B sales process, including engaging with customers to understand their stories, pain points, and motivations. Tailor communication to effectively gather information and build trust, identifying purchase obstacles and exploring ways to address them.
- Collaborate with champions, procurement departments, and internal teams to expedite deals through procurement, ensuring efficient handling of proposals, legal requirements, and financial aspects.
- Act as the voice of the customer, providing feedback to the product and operations teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Be constantly proactive and adaptable, consistently taking initiative to drive results. We have a strong bias for action and expect you to take decisive and proactive steps to achieve your objectives. You should have the ability to receive information as useful and apply it effectively to achieve your initiatives.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all client interactions and sales activities in our CRM system.
In addition to the previously mentioned qualifications, the following skills and experience are desired:
- Minimum 5 years experience in strategic account management or sales, business development, or partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- High motivation, courage, and self-starting ability, thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and driving revenue growth.
- Preferred experience in startup environments.
- Experience selling to companies with 500+ employees.
- Experience selling to marketing, creative, and product leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related fields.
**This role requires the employee to be available to work Eastern Time (ET) hours.
WHY MEANINGFUL GIGS?
- Fully Remote, Forever.
- Unlimited PTO (that you are actually expected to use!)
- Competitive compensation package + Equity options
- Health benefits (medical/dental/vision/etc.)
- Paid disability, paternity and maternity leave
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 25 International, diverse and badass colleagues
- Family-friendly and uplifting culture
Also: We are proud to be a highly inclusive company and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe in order to thrive, businesses need a diverse team and leadership. We welcome every background, identity, abilities, and mindset to join us on our mission to create 100,000 jobs for Africa.