Paid Internship: Marketing, Community & Events Intern
Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of Marketing, Community & Events Intern at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team – hooray!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be exhausting. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple and cliché free to help you decide if PerchPeek and this role are a good match for you.
WHAT IS PERCHPEEK?
Have you ever relocated before? Did you manage to do it without eye rolling or swearing? Or if you haven’t ever relocated, how do you feel about the prospect of figuring it all out on your own? Finding a place to stay, shipping your stuff, organizing utilities and new bank accounts…the list of things to organise goes on and on. No matter where in the world you go, relocating is a complicated, time-intensive, and stressful process. PerchPeek was conceived to change that.
Our aim is to guide people through every stage of their relocation. Our product is a delightful combination of tech, relocation coaching, content & partnerships which work together to make moving simpler, faster, and more fun.
Here’s a more detailed overview of the Marketing, Community & Events Intern role:
We’re super excited to be hiring a Marketing Intern to help us achieve our mission of growing the number of supported people moving around the world. The primary goal of this role is to help us generate a highly engaged community of target prospects using events, social media and community strategy.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the coordination of virtual events with prospects and clients
- Leading the marketing of these events, including connecting with our network to engage them with our brand activity
- Helping grow our social media presence (namely LinkedIn) by assisting with content creation and interaction with network
- Helping manage our database of prospects and opportunities, and tracking performance of events in creating sales opportunities
A couple of additional areas to note:
- Please note that while we are location agnostic, you must be willing to commit to work in one of these 2 time zones (BST or CEST). In this role, you should also be prepared for occasional late night / early morning calls with the team based on their location.
- This is a fixed 6-month contract, with the potential to become full-time.
In this role, the below prior experience and qualities are necessary:
- A demonstrable enthusiasm in Marketing and/or Sales
- Strong organisation skills, preferably with experience managing large or complex projects
- Experience of excelling as both a solo-operator and a team-player in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Linkedin tools and capabilities, as well as professional email
- An ability to learn fast and be flexible to change
- Fluency in spoken and written English
In this role, the below prior experience and qualities are highly desirable:
- Experience in a previous Sales or Marketing role/project
- Previous event management experience
You should join us if:
Our core values align to your own values. These really matter to us, so we need them to matter to you. Before you consider applying, please take the time to think whether you’re ready to commit to each of them every day. You can check them out here.
In terms of the type of person we’re looking for:
- Customer Obsession - you have a hyper focus on the interests and motivations of prospective customers, and able to flex your communication style and content to meet different audiences
- Move Rapidly - like any startup, PerchPeek requires a self,starting, go-getter attitude with a flexibility to take on new responsibilities and directions quickly, and drive new results in an intense environment
- Curiosity - you’re super keen to learn new things, whether it’s new strategies for engaging prospects or new subject matter to design new content or event engagement
Monthly pay is calculated on a per annum rate of £20,000-24,000 (depending on your location). Upon successful completion of the 6-month internship, there will be payment of a £1,000 bonus.
- Work from anywhere - PerchPeek is a Remote First company that allows employees to work wherever they feel comfortable.
- Uncapped holidays so that when you’re working you’re charged up bringing your all
- Annual reTREAT and regular socials - or time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care)
- If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too!
READY TO BE A PERCHY?
Then please share your CV in this application, as well as a short cover letter (in English). We’re not looking for you to spend hours crafting it, keep it brief, a couple of short paragraphs at most. We just want to hear why you think PerchPeek and this role are interesting and how you think you could knock it out the park - don’t be shy, we’re all ears!]
You’ll hear back from us and if you’ve been successful you’ll be invited for a video call with one of the PerchPeek team so we can get to know each other a bit better. Afterwards, if we think we might be well matched, we’ll be doing a series of interviews with different members of our teams & a case study. All interviews will take place via video call.
Note: Studies show that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability - we want to hear from you! We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.