Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 1, 2022
We're hiring an Account Executive to help scale the business to the next level. As one of the first business hires at the Slang, you'll work directly with the CEO and VP of Sales. This role is crucial to the success of the company during a time of rapid growth.
- Hunt and close
- Use active listening for discovery and demo
- Discuss how Slang best meets our prospects' needs
- Grow existing and new verticals
- Strategically manage your pipeline to ensure consistent deal flow
- Work closely with the Onboarding and Account Management teams to support onboarding
- Achieve and exceed quarterly sales quotas and weekly top of funnel metrics
- 3+ years of sales experience with proven track record of overachieving
- You and other people would describe you as a hunter, closer, clever, charming, and kind
- You can hustle, want to change your stars, and you don't wait to do what can be done now
- You're excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment and thrive under pressure
- You are coachable, self-motivated, and think outside the box
- You have strong communication skills, both written and over the phone
- You're a good listener, assertive, persistent and persuasive
- SaaS, Hospitality, Ecommerce experience preferred
Healthcare fully compensated
Calling a business shouldn’t feel like a robot-hostage situation, where you’re forced to listen to horrible music and can't reach a human, while enduring a soulless voice uttering "I'm sorry I didn't quite get that" on repeat for eternity. (shudder) That’s why we started Slang.ai. We use the latest AI and audio wizardry to make transacting via voice so enjoyable it’s more human than human. By 2030, we will save businesses and consumers 1 billion minutes of precious time while transforming voice channels into the preferred mode of communication (it's faster and easier than text).
We have backgrounds building product at companies like Spotify, Buzzfeed, the New York Times, and OpenTable —shipping experiences that have reached hundreds of millions of users. Now, we’re using our backgrounds to start a new culture, one that puts product and human-centered design above all else while fostering constant learning and growth. Sound like something you’d like to be part of? Get on board.
Build for better. If it doesn't make life better, we don't build it. We're obsessed with the experience of not just our end-users and their customers, but also our employees and anyone affected by what we create.
Collaborate playfully. You won't find any downers here. We don’t have a tiny violin. We're all on the same team, and we act like it. We support each other, joke around (appropriately), and keep our egos in low orbit. We dance when the music isn't playing and invite others to join.
Keep growing. Growth requires an environment that encourages it and people who crave it. We lay the groundwork for both. By welcoming diverse perspectives that challenge our own thinking, we can amplify our individual and collective potential.
Give a sh*t. Everyone is an owner. We dive into any problem head-first and keep ourselves and others accountable. Why? Because we care about doing right by our end users, our customers, and all other stakeholders.
Make lightspeed look good. Moving fast allows us to better serve our customers and outrun the competition. Sometimes we drop the baton, but instead of getting upset about it, we learn and adapt. And even as we rocket ahead, we don’t sacrifice quality or settle for crappy code or poor design.