SDR Senior Manager / Director
Sales & Business Development
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Slang is at an exciting inflection point — we are building a world class GTM function, and as the first SDR Senior Manager / Director hire at the company, you would be scaling up a team of SDRs and refining Slang's outbounding efforts. This role will be essential in coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of hungry SDRs. You will work directly with the VP of Sales to recruit additional members to the team and build strong processes between the SDRs and Account Executives. You'd be ideal for this role if you have experience in managing and scaling up an SDR team at a rapidly growing startup.
- Oversee and Manage End-to-End Pipeline Generation: Manage and build playbooks for SDR team to unlock productivity of phone calls, email, social media, and other outreach to prospects. Oversee, manage, and improve inbound/outbound sequences, call scripts, and processes for maximizing conversion and production.
- Team Building: Recruit, interview, and expand your team alongside the Vice President of Sales. Current headcount of 6 SDRs potentially growing to 15 by end of 2024.
- Training and Onboarding: Develop and maintain an SDR onboarding and training program to ensure fast ramp-up time for new hires, and ongoing skill development for all team members.
- Team Development: Conduct regular coaching cycles (Call reviews, email outreach audits etc) with SDRs to drive skill improvement in preparation for promotions, develop promotion criteria for SDR levels. Work with VP of sales on promotion criteria for SDR Managers and AE.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with Slang’s VP of Sales, Head of Marketing, Revenue Operations Manager and Account Executives to create and execute lead generation campaigns.
- Performance: Drive achievement around key performance indicators including number of calls, emails, connect rate, set rate, demo hold rate, and close ratio of SDR generated opportunities. and other performance metrics.
- Forecasting and Reporting: Report key metrics to Vice President of Sales on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- 2+ years of leadership experience of SDR team(s) including ability to facilitate team discussions, provide coaching/developing junior reps, and establish a culture of high performance
- Two or more years of overachievement in SaaS sales, including achieving quota as an outbound SDR or equivalent (SDA, BDR, ADR, ADM)
- Outbound SMB and/or Middle-market experience
- Ability to work in fast paced, changing environment with minimal direction
- Exceptional verbal (phone) and written (email) communication skills
- Proficient ability to analyze data with Excel/Google Sheets, interpret pipeline generation bottlenecks from team feedback, and build solutions to deliver monthly and quarterly targets
- Extensive experience with running reports in Hubspot or Salesforce
- Highly organized and strong time management and prioritizing skills
- Top 5% performance in past and/or current positions
- Hubspot CRM experience
- Experience in the restaurant or hospitality space
- Saas start up experience (Seed - Series C stages)
- Experience with building quota and commission compensation structure
Healthcare fully compensated
Calling a business shouldn’t feel like a robot-hostage situation, where you’re forced to listen to horrible music and can't reach a human, while enduring a soulless voice uttering "I'm sorry I didn't quite get that" on repeat for eternity. (shudder) That’s why we started Slang.ai. We use the latest AI and audio wizardry to make transacting via voice so enjoyable it’s more human than human. By 2030, we will save businesses and consumers 1 billion minutes of precious time while transforming voice channels into the preferred mode of communication (it's faster and easier than text).
We have backgrounds building product at companies like Spotify, Buzzfeed, the New York Times, and OpenTable —shipping experiences that have reached hundreds of millions of users. Now, we’re using our backgrounds to start a new culture, one that puts product and human-centered design above all else while fostering constant learning and growth. Sound like something you’d like to be part of? Get on board.
Overachiever Fever. We’re overachievers (we don’t know any other way)
Learner Fervor. We take every opportunity to learn (especially when it’s hard)
Humility Ability. We approach each other with curiosity and openness (know-it-alls not welcome!)
SMB MVP. We’re an expert member of our customers’ teams (we earn their trust)