Frontend Product Designer (part-time contract)
At Terminal49, we are developing a new and complex product that allows users to track and manage all incoming shipping containers, filter them across various dimensions, and manage internal processes.
It's like Airtable for container management on steroids. We shipped a beta version of the product to our customers, and the initial feedback has been promising. However, to achieve the desired level of feature completeness, we need to focus on polishing the user experience. We are looking for an experienced UI and UX designer to work with our product team and raise the user experience to the level it deserves.
This is a part-time contracting position for about 10-20 hours per week over about 3 months. We are also seeking a full-time Product Designer and would be happy to discuss if you are interested.
Our ideal candidate:
- You have extensive experience in designing complex and data-heavy dashboard-like products for the web and have excellent visual, UI, and interaction skills
- Expert at creating flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals with Sketch, Figma, or similar tools
- Enjoy diving into the non-obvious business domain (supply chain and logistics)
- Able to think through our customers’ use cases and build systems that surface relevant information when needed
- Will work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Can overlap in the morning/afternoon EST/EST time-zone
We have put together a lightweight interview process:
- Portfolio review + Async Q&A
- Video interview
- Short Exercise
If you're up for the challenge and are passionate about working on a product with a strong real-world connection, we would love to talk to you!
Something looks off?