We are seeking a detail-oriented and collaborative Executive Assistant to support Terminal49’s CEO. This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, strong organizational & prioritization skills and the ability to plan ahead. The right person for this role is a professional with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys a fast-paced start-up environment. This is the first Executive Assistant hire at Terminal49, a rare opportunity to make the role your own while growing with the company.
**This is a hybrid role (~1-2 days in-office) based in Berkeley.
- Provide top-notch executive administrative support to CEO
- Assist in the coordination and execution of internal and external meetings, including the preparation of agendas and taking minutes, when needed
- Coordinate agendas, and follow-ups for all executive meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flight, car, and hotel for both regional and international travels
- Oversee and assist with daily HR functions, including screening interviews, overseeing benefits and yearly insurance renewal, approving time off, and enforcing company policies and practices
- Assist with the planning and execution of company events, including annual team offsite held internationally
- Work closely with the Finance team on expense reports, policy compliance and budgeting
- Act as a team point person: handle team requests, problem-solve, and assist with keeping the team on-track and organized
- Responsible for daily ad-hoc assignments that come up within the CEO’s team in a growing startup
- Proactively identify problems and tasks, taking action to resolve them without requiring oversight
- Future opportunity for light office manager responsibilities
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Exceptional organizational skills, project management and attention to detail
- Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of G-Suite (bonus points for Notion and Linear power users)
- Able to anticipate problems and/or needs of your executive and proactively offer solutions and make recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Confident self-starter that can take a task and run with it with limited supervision from executive
- Highly proactive, takes ownership to anticipate needs, and adept at managing up and downstream to ensure deliverables are met timely and accurately
Why Join Us?
This is a golden moment at Terminal49. We’ve built out a basic service that small and large businesses now rely on to run their operations. We’ve achieved profitability. We’ve intentionally created a remote culture centered on high trust and high performance.
There are a ton of challenges on the horizon, and we’re having fun rising to meet them. For many, this kind of environment is exactly why we work in startups.
While we have a long ways to go, we’re building forward from a strong foundation. We invite you to join us in continuing to develop our roadmap and company culture.
- High Trust & High Performance Culture (Our Values)
- Fully Remote & Schedule Agnostic
- Holidays & Sick Leave + Flexible Vacation Time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K plan Dependent care
- FSA (employee premium paid by us)
- Wellness Stipend
- Equity Opportunities